Community Learning Skills
Community Learning Skills programming supports students who have severe delays in most or all developmental areas. These students may have physical, sensory, medical or behavioural disabilities.
- Improve academic, communication, personal and social skills
- Improved reading, writing, listening and math skills
- Improved ability to communicate and interact with others using appropriate behaviours and social skills
- Improved work ethic and study habits
- A safe, structured environment with regular routines
- Close, constant supervision
- Consistent behavioural expectations
- Smaller classes for more targeted instruction
- Opportunities to interact with other students in school-wide and community activities
Students must be 5 ½ to 19 years old with a clinical diagnosis. Contact your child’s school for information about eligibility and special education programming options.
All Edmonton Public Schools programming is based on curriculum determined by Alberta Education. Students enrolled in the Community Learning Skills will receive the same high-quality education offered in all of our programs.
Most schools offering special education programming have some yellow busing options available. For more information about busing, contact your child’s school or call Student Transportation at 780-429-8585.