Academic Enrichment Programs
Academic Enrichment Program
Killarney School is pleased to offer the Academic Enrichment Program. This program provides students with the opportunity for deeper understanding and engagement in Mathematics, Science, Language Arts, and Social Studies. Students are provided with opportunities for a rich and exciting curriculum, expanding their knowledge and skills through real-world application and authentic learning. The Academic Enrichment Program allows students the opportunity to explore different ways of thinking and engage in higher levels of learning as global citizen leaders. Learn more about the program to help decide if Academic Enrichment is the right choice for your child.
This program provides opportunities for students to:
- Develop and apply competencies across subject and discipline areas for learning.
- Improve study and work skills.
- Develop an enriched academic knowledge.
- Improve the ability to manage rigorous coursework in an encouraging learning space.
- Build their leadership skills.
- Be immersed in a deeper exploration of the curriculum at school involving the core competencies.
- Develop their analytical writing and thinking skills.
- Prepare for Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate courses in high school.
The enrollment conditions include:
- Be enrolled in Grades 7 to 9.
- Demonstrate life-long learning, self-motivation, and interdependence.
- Demonstrate characteristics of academic achievement that would have the current school recommend the program as a good fit.
- Support and commitment from parents are encouraged.
- Progress reports should indicate high proficiency and exemplary grades
- Elementary school recommendation is positive and indicates the student will be successful
- To ensure that a student is a good fit for the program, the school administration may ask for the following:
- A previous report card or interim marks report.
- A teacher recommendation.
- A parent(s) conversation on program fit.